Director of Athletic Communications - NCAA
This position reports to the Associate AD for External Operations and coordinates and oversees all communications efforts, media relations, public relations, strategic athletics planning, social media management and sports information. It also serves, when assigned, as the athletic event and gameday manager for assigned sports. Works alongside marketing teams, fundraising, ticketing and corporate sponsorship teams to assist in revenue generation. Position is responsible for all digital media and promotional efforts, brand management, social media, product and digital content creation.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Game Day Related Activities: Prepare rosters; supply pre-game information to opponents; oversee statistical requirements at home athletics events; serve as the media liaison at home intercollegiate events; post-game media needs; website updates; update statistics for records and conference needs; pre-game emails; photography; interview requests; travel as necessary.
- Assist with overall campus marketing, enrollment and advertising initiatives.
- Assist both the Assistant AD for Revenue Generation and Fan Experience and Director of Multimedia Services with projects and tasks.
- Coordinate such events as media days, press conferences, conference championship hosting media relations efforts and other media specific events.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct campaigns to achieve conference, regional and national honors for student-athletes, coaches and staff members.
- Coordinate all media operations during games, including assignment of seating for writers, statisticians, radio, television, photographers and scouts; and enforce post-game interview policies.
- Direct oversight of social media strategy for all sports.
- Assist teams with social media coverage and content.
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- 3 years of demonstrated success in communications, public relations, media relations, social media and/or gameday management
- Experience working in an NCAA athletics communications office at an undergraduate, graduate, or professional level
- Direct working knowledge in various computer software programs, including Microsoft Office, the Adobe Creative Suite, NCAA Live stats, and/or website maintenance
- Design and creativity skills
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,069 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Venue and Management Services