Director of Operations
The Director of Operations reports directly to the VP of Operations. The Director of Operations will direct, supervise, and schedule all aspects of operations including operations crew, stagehands, and housekeeping while maintaining ADA compliance and working cooperatively with other departments to assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop operating procedures that conform to corporate standards, customized to the specific needs of the facility, and consistent with the goals and objectives of the client, facility, and corporation.
- Manage subordinate supervisors who oversee employees on the operations team.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all departments.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and recommend an annual capital budget for long-range repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of service agreements for housekeeping services, and other operations agreements as needed. Review contracts for compliance with event and/or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD), who maintains total responsibility and authority over all clients, staff personnel, patrons, security, and safety in assigned buildings. Ensure contractual agreements are met and clients’ event requirements and changes are made in a timely fashion.
- Act as liaison between clients and facility contractors as needed.
- Plan, budget, and schedule facility’s modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction and conversions.
- Inspect conversions, construction, and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Ensure facility’s fire and emergency safety systems are in operating order and compliant with all codes, ordinances, and laws.
- Frequent bending, lifting 50+ pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, and 7-10 years related experience in the public assembly industry (stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers). Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- 7-10 years’ experience supervising/training personnel.
- Experience managing and training a team
- Experience in contract negotiations, budget preparation, contracts, and purchasing procedures.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state, or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred
- Any experience working with NCAA basketball arena is preferred
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 720 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Soccer Club
Sports Facility (IL)
Sports & Entertainment