Reporting directly to Chancellor and serving as a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet, the Athletic Director will have the opportunity to help shape the vision and enhance the visibility of the University through advancing Athletics. This individual will be responsible for the oversight and planning within the athletics department in order to provide for the continued development and growth of a Division I intercollegiate program that adheres to the rules, regulations, and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate significant experience in strategic and financial planning, as well as organizational development and personnel management; strong analytic, strategic, communications, and interpersonal skills to bring to the setting of priorities, allocation of resources, and making of difficult decisions.
- Work to sustain a department that shares the University’s commitment to a culture of openness and inclusion that values diversity in people and ideas.
- Embody a record of fostering excellence in student-athlete development; the ability to foster collaboration and productive partnerships with a broad range of constituencies, both within and outside the institution.
- Participate actively in league and conference meetings and activities.
- Provide visionary leadership and role modeling for sustaining a culture of transparency, professionalism, integrity, and respect at all levels.
- Plan and oversee efforts of the department to encourage and support the academic success of student-athletes, recognizing that student-athletes must find a balance between academic success and athletic endeavors.
- Contribute actively to university committees and campus discussions on a variety of student and institutional issues.
- Encourage the professional development of the administrative and coaching staffs, promote their accomplishments, and perpetuate a culture of positive morale and effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Be a positive presence in the community among individuals and corporations via participation in both internal and external events, various media activities.
- Serve as a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in intercollegiate athletics or a related field with at least 5 years in a leadership role in such an organization.
- A demonstrated record of leadership and measurable success in athletic or university administration.
- Proven commitment to the student-athlete experience, student well-being, and academic achievement.
- Strong ability to communicate across various constituencies at a university; excellent interpersonal skills and high level of emotional intelligence.
- Committed to a division culture that embraces diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity as a part of a university committed to these ends.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising, marketing, branding, and promoting the intercollegiate athletics program within the university and larger community.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 714 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Soccer Club
Sports Facility (IL)