Director of Banquets
- Responsible for all aspects of the overall effective management of food service operations within assigned work areas or departments.
- Conducts regular physical inventories of food and beverage supplies, and assesses projected needs, updating all current pricing of inventory, entering the month end inventory.
- Monitors and controls the banquet budget (i.e., labor costs, beverage costs, supplies and equipment) and coordinate with event budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while providing quality guest service.
- Ensures staff is briefed on event requirements and assigned to a specific area prior to events.
- Assist in the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Generates employee schedules and verifies employee time as required in addition to preparing payroll and gratuity reports.
- Ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation, and food-related ordinances, and alcohol regulations.
- Perform all other duties as required
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales/conference services and/or Banquets is essential.
- Knowledge of revenue management, training, and motivation of peers is encouraged.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Valid Food Handler’s certificate if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including daytime, evenings and weekends, holidays and irregular schedules as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 710 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime