Director of Operations
- Direct daily interaction with client and team staff.
- Assists the advancing and communicating event information to the appropriate departments and staff.
- Negotiates and administers labor group contracts.
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. basketball court, stage risers, chairs, signs, hockey glass, dasher boards, ice install and removal, special events, concerts, meetings, and misc. events.
- Oversees custodial services for entire facility.
- Acts as liaison with Campus and City Services for numerous facility related functions (City Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, etc.).
- Oversee facility maintenance, operations, and all related areas.
- Responsible for selection, training, motivating and evaluating direct reports.
- Work with direct reports and other department employees to correct deficiencies; implement timely disciplinary action as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s/Technical degree from an accredited college/university/school required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in facility management.
- Must show demonstrated knowledge of facility management.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a current CPR certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid drivers’ license
- Knowledge of Operational characteristics of events
- Ability to identify the needs of users of the facility
- Knowledge of crowd management and control techniques
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical, grounds keeping are helpful
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 714 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Liberal Arts College (VT)