Assistant Coach - Wrestling - NCAA
As Assistant Coach, you are responsible for reporting to the Director of Athletics and working in conjunction with the head coach.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and maintaining the appropriate number of student athletes.
- Fostering an environment that supports and encourages each student-athlete to graduate in a timely fashion
- Maintaining a competitive won/loss record of at least .500 in your division and qualifying the team for the Region XIX Tournament
- Statistical reporting and public relations including, but not limited to updating administration with every score and game highlight after each game, and keeping NJCAA Coaches' Website pages up to date.
- Attending the Athletic Orientation and Coaches Council meetings.
- Driving the team to and from road games in a safe manner. Ensuring coaches are able to serve as backups, following school van policy.
- The Assistant Coach may be responsible for notifying appropriate contacts if lost or late for a game, reporting of scores to the Director of Athletics, submitting timely expense reports.
- Established and maintain an active e-mail address.
- Assistant Coach must be present at all games and practices.
- Must encourage athletes to attend select athletic events in support of other teams.
- Performing such other functions in connection with your position as may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Position involves both inside sedentary work and physical activity outside on the field in coaching and training situations with student athletes.
- Involves strenuous exercise of muscles used in stooping, bending, running, throwing, pitching and batting.
- Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors in conditions including loud and constant noise. There is exposure to natural atmospheric conditions such as sun, rain, wind and dust, etc.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag approximately 50 pounds.
- Travel is required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,208 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Roman Catholic University
Private University (NJ)