Head Coach - Softball
This position has been filled - Job#: 453401433
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining all aspects of a successful Softball program for the College. Reporting directly to the Director of Athletics, keeps the Director abreast of all planning, organizing, staff and development of the College's Softball Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit, train, and coach members of the Softball Program.
- Follow all NJCAA rules and regulations, including but not limited to, those that involve recruitment, eligibility and practice limits.
- Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete
- Work with the Athletic Director to assist student-athletes in maintaining their athletic eligibility, including following up on academic progress reports and study table attendance.
- Ensure that all Softball athletes meet NJCAA eligibility requirements and prepare eligibility forms to be sent to the NJCAA, and conference number schools.
- Prepare a yearly budget for the Softball program in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Request equipment and uniforms, and maintain records of all purchases.
- Assist with scheduling of games with approval of Athletic Director
- Make all travel arrangements for the team and recruiting.
- Develop fundraisers and promotions to improve the Softball Program.
- Conduct camps to provide a community service to the youth in our area and any other interested youths.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions.
- Provide Softball information and statistics to area and state media, as well as the Athletics office.
- Travel to and from away contests with the team and be in attendance at all games.
- Develop and actively participate in a place to enhance public relations for the Softball Program.
- Provide academic advising to each athlete in the development of class schedule.
- Track the progress of each athlete in all classes.
- Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior and living that is expected of the players that are residing on campus.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the College
- Maintain Current CPR and AED certifications
- Actively participate in related consortiums, partnerships, organizations, etc.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, students and the community.
- Ability to supervise and train employees to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends (videos, voice, data and computing technologies)
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work is normally performed in an outdoor environment.
- Physical effort required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Some travel required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,868 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime