Assistant Coach - Men's Baseball - NCAA
The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with all aspects of an NCAA Division I Baseball program including, but not limited to, the identification and recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes; supporting the academic progress of student-athletes; preparing and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition; fostering the academic, athletic, and personal growth of student-athletes; organizing team and staff travel arrangements; facilitating administrative duties and paperwork; managing the distribution and ordering of team equipment and supplies; work as the main pitching coach for the program, coordinating and administering special baseball events and representing the sports program as needed in association with promoting and fundraising for the program. The budgeted salary range is between $63,000 to $68,000. This position may travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training with a college-level program. Required
- May need to maintain CPR / AED and First Aid certification. Preferred
- May need to maintain NCAA certified recruiter status. Preferred
- 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
- Valid Drivers License Required
- Travel Required
- Travel Outside of Normal Business Hours Required
- Leadership skills to mentor and develop athletes.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity and demonstrated technical expertise in coaching principles.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making;, be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Extensive knowledge of pitching form, technique and skill.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,911 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
California Baptist University