Men's Ice Hockey Head Coach
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a successful men's ice hockey program for the institution. This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics, keeping him/her abreast of all planning, organizing and development of the men's program (ACHA).
Responsible for the overall leadership of the men's ice hockey program.
Est. Time Allocation: 100%
- Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Develop a competitive program that will represent the institution and community in a positive manner.
- Prepare yearly budget for the program.
- Purchase equipment and uniforms, and maintaining records of all purchases.
- Develop practice and competition schedule.
- Make all travel arrangements for team and recruiting.
- Conduct and direct instructional camps for area youth.
- Work with Assistant Athletic Director of Strategic Communications on providing program information and statistics to media and fans via press releases, media guides, game programs and web site.
- Develop recruitment plan and actively recruit student athletes.
- Track academic progress of student-athletes within the program
- Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior and living that is expected of all players within the program
- Develop practice schedules and teach the fundamental skills of the game.
- Follow all ACHA, conference and institutional policies.
- Actively participate in campus committees and forums.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the department and institution.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports Administration