Assistant Mens and Womens Tennis Coach
The Assistant Tennis Coach assists in teaching/coaching student athletes all aspects of the sport of tennis in a manner that supports the quality and integrity of the program and the overall mission of the university.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the teaching/coaching and development of student-athletes, and apply innovative coaching techniques to motivate individuals to perform at their peak abilities.
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Contribute to developing individual and team conditioning programs in pursuit of overall team goals.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the program, in accordance with WCC and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Provide appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
- Leads, monitors, and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the sport of tennis and playing rules.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Foster a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in tennis.
- Knowledge of NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements and knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of travel/lodging planning, scheduling, organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Athletic Conference
High School Coaching
Private Jesuit University