Head Golf Coach/Instructor
Coaches Job Description:
Tasked with managing and overseeing all aspects related to the operations of the sport program. Will be responsible for all phases of coaching a Division II sport including: compliance, recruiting, budget management, academic and athletic outcomes, hiring and supervising assistant coaches, and interaction with campus and community constituent groups. Additional duties include program management, fund-raising, planning and scheduling practices, facility set-up, games, transportation, meals and public relations. Additional administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Section 1: Academic Evaluation Criteria for Coaches:
1. Any and all /Athletic Administrator(s) class/athletic observation(s);
2. Student evaluations will be reviewed/noted;
3. Reappointment conference with both the Kinesiology Dept Chair and Athletic Director.
Section 2: NCAA Evaluation of Coaches:
A coach who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective actions as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. Furthermore, a coach may be suspended for a period of time, without pay, or employment terminated if the coach is found to be involved in any negligent or deliberate or serious violation of NCAA regulations.
Section 3: Evaluation Criteria for student Academic Advisement:
1. The primary purpose of Study Hall is to assist students with providing an academic environment conducive to study, thereby giving rise to academic success. Study is open and encouraged for all students and is required for specific populations (ie: academic probation status, select student-athletes, various academic or social clubs). Athletics coaches will be assigned to administer evening study hall sessions throughout the fall and spring semester. During study hall, coaches will ensure a conducive environment for study for all participants, ensure attendees swipe their BraveCard in and out of the study hall session, and connect students with applicable resources on an as needed and requested basis. Where applicable, coaches can provide career workshops and/or assist with academic outreach efforts coordinated via the center for student success.
2. Study Hall hours administered by Coaches are subject to change based on campus need but forecasted as Sunday 3pm-6pm, and Monday-Thursday 5pm-8pm.
3. Study Hall coordination includes monitoring attendance and conduct while assisting students with being connected with other Center for Student Success resources like the Writing Center, Tutoring opportunities, and Tutor.com resources.
4. The Dean of University College will provide a Financial Literacy summary that Coaches conducting study hall can assist students with during study hall hours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Georgia Secondary Education