Assistant Athletic Trainer - NCAA
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is a full-time 43 week per year benefited position (paid over 52 weeks). This position will assist the Head Athletic Trainer in administering athletic health care operations for the intercollegiate athletics program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible to assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the following areas:
- Supervision of athletic training facilities
- Implementing injury prevention, immediate care and rehabilitation programs.
- Liaison to team physician(s) and other outside medical providers.
- Provide team coverage as assigned.
- Responsible for health and injury records maintenance and management.
- As a member of the Student-Athlete Development Team, develop and implement a student-athlete health educational program to disseminate information on alcohol and other drug use and abuse, performance enhancing stimulants, and eating disorders.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree required Athletic Training, Physical Education, Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology, Health Education or closely related field. **Master's degree must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- 2-3 years successful experience in athletic training, preferably at the collegiate level as an assistant or head athletics trainer
- Current CPR for Professional Rescuer/BLS, Standard First Aid and National Athletic Trainers Association/BOC (ATC) certification
- Licensed in Massachusetts, or license-eligible
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- Proven ability to work with college students, and a commitment to the overall student-athlete experience
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Working knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
- Familiarity with injury tracking systems
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,894 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime