Certified Athletic Trainer (On Call)
This position has been filled - Job#: 453402053
This position provides a full range of athletic training (AT) health care services for the University's NCAA Division II athletic teams.
- Perform as a certified athletic trainer in the prevention, evaluation, assessment, rehabilitation, management, treatment, and treatment of injuries and illnesses.
- Provide athletic training health care services for team practices and on campus contests.
- Make medical referrals and in consultation with supervising team physician, determine the medical clearance of student-athletes.
- Document and effectively communicate with coaches regarding all medical restrictions for participation.
- Provide emergency care under the policies and procedures of the Office of Athletic Training and the Plan of Care with the supervising team physician(s).
- Maintain appropriate student-athlete medical records.
- Properly document all student-athlete injuries and illnesses.
- Share in the responsibilities of athletic training facility and fitness center maintenance and upkeep.
- Maintain proper certifications/licensure as required by the State of New Jersey.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, management and processing of insurance claims, review of policies and procedures, supervision of student-workers / interns, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice, and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification.
- Certification in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Experience in a collegiate athletic training environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience with neurocognitive and vestibular testing and rehabilitation.
- Maintain licensures / certifications in good standing through the completion of continuing education.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,866 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime