Athletic Trainer, Per Diem (75%)
Under the direction of the Sports Medicine Department and the Athletic Trainer Supervisor, the Athletic Trainer will supervise the prevention, evaluation, treatment and care of all sport related injuries at various high school sites.
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- Certified member in good standing of the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA).
- Must have current ARC or AHA CPR/AED certifications.
- Detailed, specific knowledge of the competencies and domains of athletic training.
- Detailed, specific knowledge of methods associated with the prevention, evaluation, care and treatment of all athletic injuries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively to establish cooperative working relationships with persons of diverse backgrounds and at various organizational levels within and outside the university.
- Knowledge of sound coaching principles and techniques for a variety of sports as they apply to athletic injury prevention.
- Thorough knowledge of sound teaching techniques necessary to train and instruct athletic trainer students.
- Knowledge of organizational and management principles as they apply to the development of athletic training operations.
- Ability to use physical agents and modalities in the care and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Demonstrated skill in standard first aid emergency procedures, to include CPR.
- Proven skill in the use of various athletic training room aids (tape, wraps, modalities, exercise programs, massage, etc.) necessary to successful application of the athletic training methods.
- Strong skill in oral and written communications to insure clear and effective direction and communication.
- Master's Degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- Current Instructor-level CPR/AED certifications.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in athletic training under direct supervision of a NATA-certified Athletic Trainer.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
University of California, Berkeley