Youth Gymnastics Instructor
Youth Gymnastics Instructors provide instruction, and support to enrolled Recreational and Competitive Youth participants as assigned. Youth Gymnastics Instructors are further responsible for developing lesson plans that correspond with assigned classes and teams, providing feedback to youth participants, and supporting the upkeep of the gym in support of providing a safe and nurturing environment. Other program related tasks may be assigned as needed or appropriate.
Key Responsibilities include:
I. PLANNING AND PROGRAMMATIC DEVELOPMENT
- Develop class plans and/or workouts in compliance with set requirements and standards for assigned programs in coordination with Head Coach and Gymnastics Leads
- Establish safety practices and expectations for each class in compliance with the Youth Gymnastics program, the Recreational Sports Department, and as advised or directed by the Head Coach
II. PROGRAM INSTRUCTION & FACILITATION
GENERAL PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Provide training, support and coaching to recreational youth
- Maintain and promote the health, safety, and well-being of youth
- Adhere to and understand all stated policies and procedures of the Recreational Sports Department, while providing a safe, fun, and educational skills-based experience for all youth gymnasts/participants in accordance with standards
- Implement class and/or workout requirements for assigned areas in coordination with Head Coach and Gymnastics Leads
TEAM PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Support Special Events and represent Youth Gymnastics at external events, meets, and competitions as assigned
- Implement competitive level training in preparation for competitions
- Maintain professional certifications required to train competitive athletes
- Aid in curriculum development of competitive athletes
- Engage in continuing education to further develop training abilities
- Communicate and resolve issues with parents of gymnasts on gymnasts' progress or perceived problems
- Administer first aid as needed and in accordance with training/certification
- Support Lead Coach with ensuring all staff have safe and appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Adapt to new situations and sudden changes or problems.
- Display appropriate behavior (action and language) around gymnasts/participants, parents, and staff.
- Follows all Youth Gymnastics policies and procedures including, wearing required attire and following agreed upon work schedule.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as requested by supervisor.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 541 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Public University (CA)
Public University (CA)