Game Night Interns
Reports to: Ticket Operations Manager
Positions Available: 10 - 12 Positions
- Assist in box office set-up, sales, will call, and customer service duties on all 38 game nights.
- Participate in the promoting of all Griffins ticket related activities including, but not limited to, the distribution of flyers and name collection materials, and the support of any other ticket sales related programs as determined by management.
- Ensure quality customer service for all Griffins patrons.
- Opportunities to learn ticketing software and the ticket sales process.
- Learn departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in the distribution of giveaways and promotional items.
- Manage fan data collection programs.
- Assist in the execution of game night plans including contests/promotions on the ice, the concourse, or in the stands.
- Assist the Ticket Sales Department with various lead generation, marketing research and promotional projects.
- Run payments and assist with raffles during jersey auctions.
- Assist with season ticket member benefits fulfillment.
- Work on concourse with staff customer service stations to learn how to facilitate in-game issues as they arise.
- Participate in sales contests, lead generation and other non-game community initiatives.
- Support the guest services booth during weekend games.
- Hand out exit samples.
- Coordinate and execute afternoon hockey events.
- Free downtown Grand Rapids parking on game nights.
- Complimentary tickets for games worked.
- This is position is paid on a per-game-worked basis (stipend).
- Must be able to work all 38 Griffins home games during the 2019-20 season.
- Sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate students preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
Length of Internship:
Orientation prior to the beginning of the season (late September) and Griffins home games between October to the conclusion of the regular season in April (terms and conditions of internship may be adjusted at any time). Must be able to work all 38 regular season home games which may include nights, weekends and holidays. Playoff assistance is recommended and preferred (Mid-April to potentially Mid-June).
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,174 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Baseball