Business Development Representative
This position has been filled - Job#: 453402633
Attn: Early Career Women and Men
ISM is poised to celebrate our 24th anniversary in March with expansion in our sales dept. Here in our West Coast HQ we are going to add (2) select Business Development Representatives to expand our sales efforts in our Portland, OR office to begin training in the first part of March.
Please read ad in entirety before applying. You can check out our website at: https://www.wplgroup.com/ism/employment/employment-portland/
As the industry leader in the global sports event ticketing and hospitality space, ISM creates customized premium sports hospitality packages for corporate clients across the U.S. and abroad. Our clients enjoy the best customer hosting experiences at major sports events such as the U.S. Open Golf Championship, College Football Championship, Kentucky Derby, Ryder Cup, Super Bowl, and scores more. Since the events we sell are 12 – 36+ months out, uniquely positioning us to enjoy the pent-up demand for attending live events as they return with spectators.
The sales development program will prepare successful candidates for an engaging and successful career including expectations for fast growth and advancement within the company. If you love challenges, are motivated by the hunt for new business in the B2B space, want to make money and advance your career, but aren’t afraid of hard work, and failure, then you just might be a match. Remember, your background helps define where you are, but more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
At ISM, our people are the #1 reason we’re where we are today and the values we live by at ISM are: GENUINE, TEAMWORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and TENACITY. Our Business Development Representatives are responsible for bringing new business in, which starts with “cold” calling (this simply means you haven’t spoken to someone before – it’s how many of the biggest companies in the world bring on new clients!) but we teach you how to “warm” the call using your personality and communication skills very quickly.
Note: The health and safety of our staff is paramount. Our offices are open with safety measures as advised by the CDC and local health authorities. Currently, initial interviews will be conducted via phone or video conference, however, in office availability is required for employment.
- Work closely with our sales leadership to develop strategies for targeting companies and delivering our value proposition clearly and with enthusiasm
- Drive sales activities from prospecting to closing accounts. This includes proactive outreach to prospects as well as developing qualified leads, setting meetings (phone and Zoom), and maintain your sales pipeline using Salesforce
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Bike room, locker facilities, gym facilities
- Healthcare (comprehensive medical + dental) plans
- 401K enrollment
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $45K-$65K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2021 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including why you are interested in this position and when you are available, along with a current resume including education, full work history including date range. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,868 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Basketball Team