National Event Sales – Early Career
This position has been filled - Job#: 453402896
Attn: Recent Grads (and College Athletes), Early Career Women and Men
Note: The health and safety of our staff is paramount. Our offices are open with safety measures as advised by the CDC and local health authorities. Currently, initial interviews will be conducted via phone or video conference, however, in office availability is required for employment.
Please read the rest of the ad before applying to make certain the position and organization sound like a match for you! You can check out our website at: https://www.wplgroup.com/ism/employment/employment-portland-2/
For over 23 years, International Sports Management (ISM) has been the industry leader in the provisioning of upscale corporate hospitality programs during major sporting events around the globe. In today’s age of uncertainty due to the worldwide pandemic and other national overtones, we believe that future sporting events will be more important than ever before. Companies of all shapes and sizes right now are investing in these upcoming events with the singular motivation of changing the current narrative and outlook amongst their most important resources: their employees and customers.
This is also why we forecast that corporate participation at “major” championships will be higher than ever in 2022 and beyond, and is where our focus currently resides. We (like our clients) have an optimistic eye towards the future, and are looking for others who share that same positive spirit, have a tremendous work ethic to match, and exhibit an insatiable desire to learn, grow and advance their own professional endeavors.
If you believe that the above characteristics represent what you are looking for, while also being interested simultaneously earning large, uncapped commissions and bonuses while doing so, then our team should meet you! We are currently looking to add a total of three (2) new team members to our National Sales Team in Portland, OR …individuals who are seeking to either begin or continue their careers with the perfect balance of sports & sales in a role that comes with expected growth within the company.
The first 6 months will be a mix of training & mentoring provided by our senior management team along with generating new business partnerships, calling on companies around the U.S. and selling packages to major events such as the U.S. Open, the NCAA Basketball Tournament, the Ryder Cup, and many more. Strong and polished communication skills are required, as you will be delivering a dynamic presentation over via the phone to Vice Presidents, Presidents, and CEOs of multi-million dollar companies. This is not a telemarketing or customer service position; job seekers searching for a role in those capacities won’t find this a match.
The position will continue to evolve as you meet & exceed sales targets to earn promotion to a Senior Account Executive role within before 6 months, adding to your responsibilities numerous levels of account management as well as advanced sales training provided by our national leadership.
Promotion into sales management within 6-12 months is a very realistic expectation. Why? We only look to fill new leadership positions from within, as managers are responsible for demonstrating a degree of guidance and coaching to their new staff similar to what they initially received, while also adding their own approach. Our sales management is the best in the industry, and they work right alongside their teams in a “Player/Coach” capacity…teaching what they do and doing what they teach.
Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply, as our training program will take the skills and experiences you learned and show you how to incorporate them into your work, aiding in your success.
If you love challenges, are motivated by the hunt for new business, want to make money and advance your career, but aren’t afraid of hard work, and failure, then you just might be a match. Remember, your background helps define where you are, but more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
- Work closely with our sales leadership to develop strategies for targeting companies and delivering our value proposition clearly and with enthusiasm
- Drive sales activities including proactive outreach to prospects as well as develop qualified leads, set meetings, maintain your sales CRM
- Comprehensive training along with ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Onsite fitness center, Bike room, locker facilities
- Company medical/dental plans and 401K enrollment with a company match
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $45K-$65K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Class-related, sales experience (making pitches, developing and maintaining clients, lead research)
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2021 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including why you are interested in this position and when you are available, along with a current resume including education, full work history including date range. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Basketball Team