Event Sales – Early Career
This position has been filled - Job#: 453403133
Attn: Early Career Women and Men / Recent College Grads (including Athletes!)
Note: The health and safety of our staff is paramount. Our offices are open with safety measures as advised by the CDC and local health authorities. Currently, initial interviews will be conducted via phone or video conference, however, in office availability is required for employment.
To be considered, please include a cover letter and resume. Also, please read the rest of the ad before applying to make certain the position and organization sound like a match for you!
At International Sports Management, we are grateful to be celebrating our 24th year Anniversary along with experiencing record sales the past 6 months. This is thanks to our incredible staff and the events we sell being 12 – 36+ months out, which uniquely position us to enjoy the pent-up demand for attending live events as they return with spectators.
We are currently looking for (2) select candidates to expand our sales efforts in our Portland, OR office. Please note, successful applicants should be available for immediate interview and if selected, to begin full time employment in our Downtown Portland office without delay.
ISM is the global leader in sports event ticketing and hospitality. We specialize in creating the best customer hosting experiences at major events such as the U.S. Open Golf Championship, College Football Championship, Kentucky Derby, World Cup, and scores more.
Our people are the #1 reason we’re where we are today and the values we live by at ISM are: GENUINE, TEAMWORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and TENACITY. We are hiring Inside Sales Executives who will be responsible for new business development, which starts with “cold” calling (this simply means you haven’t spoken to someone before – it’s how many of the biggest companies in the world bring on new clients!) but we teach you how to “warm” the call using your personality and communication skills very quickly. These positions come with growth and promotion opportunities available within 6 months for strong candidates.
If you love challenges, are motivated by the hunt for new business, want to make great money and advance your career, but aren’t afraid of hard work, (and failure!) then you just might be a match. Remember, your background helps define where you are, but more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
- Prospect companies and present to executives in companies across the U.S.
- Work closely with our sales leadership to develop to deliver our value proposition clearly and with enthusiasm
- Drive sales activities including developing qualified leads, setting meetings, and maintaining your sales CRM
- Develop an understanding of varied industries and how the companies within them work
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Bike room, locker facilities, gym facilities
- Company medical/dental plans and 401K enrollment
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $50K-$70K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2021 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including why you are interested in this position and when you are available, along with a current resume including education, full work history including date range. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Basketball Team