ESPN Cleveland Marketing & New Media Manager
Good Karma Brands & ESPN Cleveland is in need of experienced, creative Marketing & New Media Manager for our ESPN Cleveland market. In the city of Cleveland, sports fans are passionate, fiercely loyal and dedicated to their teams, and ESPN Cleveland delivers that energy right back to the fans and partners that support the station. ESPN Cleveland is the official home of the Cleveland Browns & Ohio State football, and a historical destination for sports fans near and far and now we are looking for a passionate Marketing & New Media Manager to help lead our marketing and branding initiatives into the future.
The Role of a Marketing & New Media Manager
The primary role of the Marketing & New Media Manager is to work side by side with ESPN Cleveland’s Marketing & Content leadership team to ideate, create, and execute current & new marketing initiatives encompassing social media, The Land on Demand, new media efforts, event strategy, marketing materials and more! As the Marketing & New Media Manager, you will be responsible for developing & managing event teammates, overseeing the internal grid and annual event calendar, oversee all aspects of ESPN Cleveland’s social media & marketing for The Land on Demand, and serve as part of the leadership team having ownership of new media, the ESPN Cleveland internship program and having a voice in the company-wide content calls.
Daily Tasks of a Marketing & New Media Manager
- Work directly with ESPN Cleveland’s Director of Content & Director of Sales & Marketing to oversee the below:
- Manage The Land on Demand (premium paid subscription product) by contributing to growth & day to day management including collaborating with team who manages backend as well as bringing new ideas & content to The Land on Demand
- Oversee all social media efforts including improving quality/consistency/and quantity of social content
- Responsible for growing number of followers and engagement on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
- Find new platforms for ESPN Cleveland and content teammates to connect with fans
- Ideation, creation, and execution of daily social content push with new content pushed out every day including working with content teammates to create new media/social media pieces
- Create specific video content for sales & marketing materials
- Be the voice of the station on-air for station events/promotions
- Strategize event concepts & details and be a part of all event planning
- Manage event execution teammates
- Work directly with Director of Sales & Marketing and Good Karma Brands Vice President/ESPN Cleveland Market Manager on the below:
- Strategize to ideate and create sales & marketing materials and campaigns for big programs
- Own the grid (sales opportunities) including delegating/managing teammate responsible for Grid maintenance and being a part of grid program investment strategy/discussions
- Build and manage the annual marketing calendar and brand strategies
- Update media kits
- Present marketing updates/concepts in sales meetings
- Create and/or manage creation of recaps from big events and partnerships for current and future partnerships
- Participate in leadership meetings as voice of new media/social media
- Spearhead the restructure of the ESPN Cleveland Internship Program
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Expertise in social media
- Creative storyteller
- Marketing mindset with ability to collaborate with other departments
- Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Friendly, optimistic and upbeat personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker
- Willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Solution oriented/ problem solver
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop a plus
- With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary plus commission. All Marketing & New Media Managers receive full benefits 401k plan, health & dental insurance, parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities and meeting targeted sales goals. The role of Marketing & New Media Manager will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth: Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Closing Date: Please send resume and cover letter for consideration to [email protected] no later than 5pm on Friday, March 26, 2021.
About Good Karma Brands
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ & 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development, and advancement to all current and potential teammates.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime