Sports Event Sales – Entry Level
This position has been filled - Job#: 453409145
Please be local and available for in-person interviews.
Attn: Recent Grads (and College Athletes), Early Career Women and Men
We are grateful to have had a very successful 2021 and are looking forward to expansion in 2022! One more select candidate is needed to join our Downtown Portland, OR office by early January. The position is full time and will be located in office. Safety measures per CDC and Oregon Health Authority are in place and proof of vaccination is required. Please read the rest of the ad before applying to make certain the position and organization sound like a match for you!
International Sports Management (ISM) has become the global leader in the provisioning of upscale corporate hospitality and ticketing programs at major sporting events like the Super Bowl, U.S. Open, and many more by putting our customers and our amazing team first. Thanks to this approach, coupled with incredible pent-up demand for future sports events, we enjoyed a record 2021 and are looking forward to expansion in 2022!
The Event Sales position will be focused on new business development. You will call on executives in companies primarily in North America. Strong and polished communication skills are necessary, as you will be delivering a dynamic presentation either via phone or video to Vice Presidents, Presidents, and CEOs. You should be comfortable with overcoming objections and building rapport. This is not a “telemarketing” or “customer service” position; job seekers searching for a role in those capacities won’t find this a match.
Recent college graduates who are growth minded are also encouraged to apply and as we promote from within our own staff.
If you love challenges, are motivated by the hunt for new business, want to make money and advance your career, but aren’t afraid of hard work, or failure, then we should talk! Remember, your background helps define where you are, but more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
- Learn how to go to market with VP through C-Suite execs throughout corporate America
- Deliver our value proposition clearly and with enthusiasm
- Drive sales activities including proactive outreach to prospects, develop qualified leads, set meetings, maintain your sales CRM
- Comprehensive training along with ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Onsite fitness center, Bike room, locker facilities
- Company medical/dental plans and 401K enrollment with a company match
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $55K-$75K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts roles
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Class-related, sales experience (making pitches, developing and maintaining clients, lead research)
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2022 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 541 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime