Manager - Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Youth Engagement
5825 Delmonico Drive, Suite 370
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Tel: 719-219-8322 | Web: www.usaultimate.org | Email: [email protected]
Position Title: Manager – Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Youth Engagement
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer
Background: Want to work in sports and help develop leadership skills for girls and BIPOC youth every day? This is the opportunity for you! USA Ultimate (USAU), based in Colorado Springs, Colo., serves as the national governing body for the sport of ultimate in the U.S. and is a member of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USPOC). Our mission is to advance the sport of ultimate in the United States by enhancing character, community and competition. USA Ultimate seeks to increase access to and participation in the sport of ultimate with an emphasis on expanding diversity, ensuring inclusion and youth development.
Position Summary: USA Ultimate seeks a motivated, passionate and thoughtful individual to develop and lead new diversity-oriented outreach initiatives for local-level implementation. The EDI and Youth Engagement Manager will focus on increasing the number of girls and BIPOC youth participating in ultimate and the quality of their experience. The role will center on developing recruitment and retention programs, adapting the programs to various contexts and assisting local disc and youth-serving organizations in implementing those programs. Significant experience working with diverse youth is preferred. Ultimate experience is not required.
Some travel and non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays, should be expected as part of this role.
Working at USA Ultimate: Members of the USA Ultimate headquarters team work largely independently in overseeing their programs, with the oversight of department directors. While managers have a good deal of autonomy, the organization values teamwork and collaboration, and team members seek support, insight and suggestions from one another on a regular basis. Additionally, staff remain willing to pitch in at times when all-hands-on-deck are needed. USA Ultimate values staff and community feedback, so doors are always open for communication. There is a lot of passion amongst the headquarters team, and we are looking for a teammate who can share their own passion and work ethic to help support USA Ultimate’s strategic goals.
Program Development and Responsibilities:
● Design and implement programs to grow the number of girls and BIPOC youth playing ultimate and participating in USA Ultimate programs.
● Manage the development, planning and implementation of USA Ultimate’s EDI programs and events.
● Collaborate with program staff to devise strategies for player and team development, member retention and connecting players throughout all divisions to help build a more diverse and inclusive pipeline of players.
● Build relationships and work with local disc organizations, teams, members, tournament directors, volunteers and youth-serving organizations to promote playing opportunities for girls and BIPOC youth and develop players and teams.
● Collaborate and coordinate with the USA Ultimate Foundation on fundraising activities associated with EDI programs.
● Create and maintain digital records and metrics relating to EDI goals.
● Help identify, recruit and develop a network of EDI volunteers.
● Help establish, oversee and collaborate with the USA Ultimate BIPOC advisory group.
● Coordinate with the website manager on EDI web content.
● Supervise EDI interns.
● Willingness to take on additional projects and tasks as needed.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
● Significant hands-on experience developing and delivering programming to girls and BIPOC youth, including elementary, middle and high school students.
● Ability to engage diverse perspectives and effectively discuss sensitive matters with individuals and constituencies within and among all dimensions of diversity.
● Passion for engaging and supporting people of diverse identities, backgrounds and experiences.
● Demonstrated ability to work with and support volunteers, organizers and athletes of all ages and experience levels.
● Organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask, prioritize and execute competing assignments.
● Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
● Proficient with office-related software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet management.
● Full-time, exempt salaried position.
Starting Salary Range: $45,000 - $52,000/year, based on qualifications and experience.
● Excellent medical, dental and vision plan.
● Eligibility for retirement savings program after receiving at least $5,000 in pay, with new enrollment at the beginning of each calendar year.
● Attractive PTO package, including vacation and holidays.
● Limited relocation allowance.
Projected Start Date: July 2022
Application Deadline: Rolling applications - open until filled.
Application Process: Send a cover letter, résumé and 3 professional references to human resources at [email protected]; Subject: Application for Manager - EDI and Youth Engagement. In your cover letter, please describe your experience working with BIPOC youth and/or youth of diverse genders and identities and why you believe your experience will make you successful in this position.
USA Ultimate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
USA Ultimate strives to increase its workforce diversity. Applicants of color, women, individuals with disabilities, applicants from low-income backgrounds, and LGBTQIA+ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,522 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Organization (CO)