Card Specialist (Sports Trading Cards)
Who is COMC?
It's a great time to join COMC - the #1 marketplace for trading card singles! Our Industry is booming, and we are building a team to apply the latest technology to card collecting. We strive to continually impress our customers by offering the best service and making it easier and fun to collect!
COMC has exciting immediate opportunities for Card Specialists to join our team in Redmond, WA. The Card Specialist will accurately identify, evaluate, and sort trading cards. Our ideal candidate should have years of Sports Trading Card Knowledge and be passionate about all types of collectibles.
- Handles raw cards and other consigned items, inspecting them for conditional issues, and properly sort out parallel sets; assists as directed in shipping and identification tasks.
- Demonstrate delicate manual dexterity, handling small, fragile inventory with great precision and care over extended periods of time and at a swift pace.
- Differentiate consigned items by subtle variances in card stock and finish.
- Categorize consigned items into industry-standard condition levels.
- Identify unlicensed, unsupported, counterfeit, altered, or suspicious inventory.
- Participate in the inspection and physical count of incoming materials.
- Ensure accuracy in all levels of inventory management to provide correct inventory counts and valuations.
- Report errors and missing inventory to lead.
- Maintain inventory with care.
- Assist in training and development of other team members.
- Be available to work extended or alternate hours and weekends as needed.
- Two years of experience working in the trading card industry or an active in buying, selling, and flipping trading cards.
- Must have knowledge of the trading card industry including current and future trends.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills. Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zoom and other chat software.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about professional sporting industry (NBA, NFL, MLB etc.).
- Interested in learning about the trading card industry.
Preferred Location – Redmond, WA
Opportunity for Remote work – No.
- Health, Dental and Vision packages available
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time (4 weeks)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to work with standard computer equipment such as keyboards, monitors, personal computers, and scanners. This position requires the ability to maintain delicate computer instruments with regular care as instructed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods. The employee is sometimes required to stand, walk, bend, and reach with hands and arms for short to long periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear. The position requires the ability to work with fingers to pick, pinch, and carry out substantial movements of the wrist and hands to perform tasks of delicate manual dexterity, handling small, fragile inventory with great precision and care. The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
COMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 per hour
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Organization (Remote)