Facilities and Game Management Specialist
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
The Facilities and Game Management Specialist provides support for practice, competition, and other activities for the 20 intercollegiate athletics programs at University. The Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for visiting teams and officials, as well as the on-site event manager responsible for coordinating game day staff for home competitions. The Specialist collaborates with campus partners in Facilities, Public Safety, Housekeeping and Conference Services as needed, and assists the Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities and Event Management in conducting facility safety inspections, implementing facility maintenance plans, scheduling facilities, and budget planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(including but not limited to)
- Prepare athletics and recreation facilities for internal and external events, including setup and breakdown for home competition and other activities (as appropriate).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for visiting teams and officials.
- Serve as the on-site event manager for home competitions and practices (as needed).
- Provide exceptional customer service to participants, coaches, officials, fans, campus partners and others guests attending and/or supporting athletic events to help ensure a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all.
- Anticipate and problem solve any issues that arise during events (e.g. weather, injury/illness, equipment, facility).
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and manage payroll for student workers to assist with game management duties.
- Coordinate with campus partners on parking, security, and other operational issues related to home athletics events.
- Assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term facility maintenance plans.
- Conduct regular inspections of athletic and recreation areas and coordinate with University facilities, housekeeping, contracted third parties, etc. to ensure facilities and associated equipment are clean, safe, and properly maintained.
- Assist in the scheduling of athletics and recreation facilities (and other spaces) for use by intercollegiate athletics programs, club sports, intramurals, and outside users.
- Assist coaches with technology and video needs at practices and competition as needed.
- Assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities and Event Management with budget planning and other projects.
- Support and collaborate with athletics business office, athletics communication, marketing/fan experience, facilities and game management staff members as needed.
- The person who holds this position has been classified as a Campus Security Authority under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
Ability to lift equipment or other heavy items (50-75 pounds), work in various environmental conditions, and otherwise be able to appropriately prepare facilities and equipment for practice, competition, and special events.
Must be able and willing to work long days, nights and weekends and travel as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of experience in an Intercollegiate Athletic Department with Division I experience as a student-athlete, GA, Intern, manager or staff member.
- Previous experience in some aspect of game management or facilities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- High-level problem-solving and critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize tasks, and be decisive in a fast-paced dynamic environment and under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with diverse constituents.
- Understand the need for a customer service-focused approach.
- Adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- May be required to obtain First Aid, CPR, motor vehicle safety certification, and other job-related certifications.
- Previous event management experience in a collegiate athletics or recreation department.
- Previous experience supervising staff.
- Understand and appreciate the role and importance of facilities and event management in the student experience and the recruiting process.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,868 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Catholic University
Sports & Entertainment