Assistant Football Coach - NCAA
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for the positive leadership, administration, management and promotion of all aspects of the football program. The Assistant Football Coach will work with the defensive secondary and special team. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop and or understand competitive defensive schematics for the football program, recruit quality student athletes of good character qualified for an NAIA program, have excellent communication and organizational skills, be committed to student athlete academic success, and be able to effectively relate to students, colleagues, fans, and community members.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for administrative and other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- Must be able to lift more than 100-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays throughout the year for practice and games.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge of and strict adherence to NAIA rules are required. Total support of the athletic program’s football scheduling vision for playing teams in the competitive range of OPSU is required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Demonstrated successful coaching experience and technical competence at the collegiate or pro level required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,868 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime