Head Coach - Men's/Women's Ski
This position has been filled - Job#: 453401869
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of the Skiing Staff in the planning, organizing, and coaching of the University of Colorado Ski team ensuring compliance with University, Pac-12 Conference, RMISA, and NCAA policies and regulations. Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions in and out of season, as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations.
- Coach the teams during scheduled events.
- Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate players to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- The Head Coach is responsible for identifying, recruiting, and acquiring commitments to attend the University of Colorado from quality student-athletes capable of competing for a national championship in a highly competitive academic environment; for initiating, evaluating, and maintaining contact with in-state, out-of-state and international recruits.
- Coordinate eligibility checks to ensure prospective student-athletes qualify for grants-in-aid and admission by the Registrar. Responsible for all contact with prospective student-athletes to avoid violations of recruiting rules and regulations.
- The Head Coach is responsible for creating an atmosphere and culture that is a reflection of the missions of both the Athletic Department and the University. A positive student-athlete experience is the number one priority of the coaching staff and administration. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring academic performance including graduation and NCAA academic progress rates, and class attendance.
- The Head Coach will work closely with the Herbst Academic Center for Student-Athletes to monitor the scholastic progress of each student-athlete. The Head Coach will work closely with the Leadership and Career Development Program to promote personal success and career readiness for student-athletes.
- The Head Coach will counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters; consult with athletics administration for timely resolution of problems as required.
- Represent the University Athletic Department in professional, alumni, civic, and charitable events. The Head Coach is expected to participate in campus activities to promote the Ski Program and the Department of Athletics. Maintain a positive working relationship with departmental media relations staff. Prepare and execute the annual fundraisers (Ski Ball, ski meet, alumni race).
- Assist in developing a competitive and challenging event schedule at the direction of the Athletic Director (or a designated representative).
- Develop and present annual budget requirements to the Associate Athletic Director and is accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget. Monitor the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies throughout the year.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, University and departmental rules and regulations and is responsible for the observance of such rules by his/her staff and student-athletes. The violation of NCAA or Conference rules on the part of Athletic Department Personnel may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
What We Can Offer
- The hiring range is $80,000.00-$120,000.00.
- Relocation is available per department guidelines. Additional Athletics benefits include Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy. Supplemental camp pay: per Athletic Department Summer Camp Policy.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,868 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime