This position has been filled - Job#: 453402001
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Assist with management of the service and support functions of the Football program.
- Maintain and update football computer database. Attach opponent data to video to allow assistant coaches to efficiently view opponent video.
- Assist with class checking of current student-athletes.
- Assist academic support staff with organizing and monitoring study table.
- Monitor team curfew during preseason training camp.
- Lifestyle monitoring of student-athletes. Monitor off-campus student-athlete housing. Evaluates how student athletes are living and ensures they make the right lifestyle choices.
- Assists with administrative oversight of graduate assistants and football analysts.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Football and Director of Director of Football Operations. (i.e. Sets up all practice schedules. Designs and implements day to day practice schedules and coordinates all time management matters for fall camp. Provides oversight of fall camp practice schedule and what goes into the practices. Adheres to all compliance rules and regulations.)
- Assist recruiting coaches with campus tours during official visits.
- Transport prospects to and from the airport during official visits.
- Transport prospects to and from academic meetings during official visits.
- Provide tours of Schembechler Hall for prospects on unofficial visits.
- Assist recruiting coaches with athletic campus tours during official visits.
- Chart and record play calls and opponent play calls.
- Provide assistant coaches with statistical data compiled during the game.
Summer Camps & Coaches Clinics:
- Provide administrative support and on the field oversight for high school and youth football camp. Gives position coaches direction on what needs to get done for summer camp. Sets up camp practice schedules and implements on field sessions.
- Assist in organization of position skill instruction.
- Provides on-field oversight for the men's football experience. Gives Football Coaches on field instruction, practice planning, and implementation of practice.
- Other administrative duties assigned by coaching staff. (Involved with coordinating and implementing high school coaches clinics. Prepares talks for Head Coaches, prepares video speech and determines what video plays to show.)
- Plans and manages the spring Football practices.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must possess prior experience assisting with the management of the service and support functions of a Division I football program.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is dedicated to building a department culture which demonstrates respect for all, shows compassion for others, and celebrates the differences among our staff, student-athletes, and supporters. We are committed to the hiring and development of diverse staff who contribute to an inclusive environment.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime