Graduate Assistant - Men's Soccer
The central focus for this position is to coordinate and assist with all aspects of the team by performing the following responsibilities:
- Assist with daily coaching and planning practices.
- Implement practice plans/activities as well as track player development.
- Assist with scouting and game preparation and the recruitment of qualified student-athletes to the program.
- Make team travel arrangements including but not limited to reservations for buses, vans, drivers and hotel accommodations.
- Distribution and tracking of soccer gear.
- Run team study hall and maintain academic progress reports.
- Make game day preparations.
- Travel arrangements and campus tours for recruits.
- Assist in recruiting and retention.
- General office duties including pickup and drop off of mail.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree and be accepted into graduate program .
- NSCAA National is preferred but not required.
- 2-4 months experience with recruiting preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with player skill development, game planning, and practice preparation preferred.
- Must be able to abide by the standards set by the Head Coach to maintain a high degree of trust and quality assurance.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with all members of the College community.
- Must have experience working with office equipment, e.g. computer, printer, fax machine, copier.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly with Word and Excel.
- Must be able to perform simple calculations.
- Must be familiar with creating online travel arrangements.
**Graduate Assistants receive tuition waivers of up to 6 hours of classes per semester, housing & a meal plan. However, if the GA does not reside on campus, then he/she will receive a monthly stipend in lieu of room & board. The meal plan covers the actual number of weeks that classes are in session during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,911 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (GA)