Sports Performance Coach
The Sports Performance Coach is responsible for the development and management of individual and group strength training programs for men and women student-athletes participating in the intercollegiate athletics program under the supervision of the Head Strength/Conditioning Coach.
- Teach, coach, mentor, and inspire student athletes up through graduation.
- Attend all competitions and practices and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in their sport.
- Reduces the likelihood of sports-related injuries or the aggravation of such injuries during practice sessions and scheduled contests by being knowledgeable of the injuries sustained in the sport and proper prevention methods, directing appropriate pre-training session and pre-contest preparations and warm ups, and working with qualified sports medicine personnel or athletic trainers during all training sessions and contests.
- Abides by and complies with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Atlantic 10 rules, academic standards, requirements, and policies of the University, and all guidelines and policies of the Athletics department and reports any concerns of compromise or violation of rules, standards, guidelines or policies to the Director of Athletics or the Chief of Staff.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University's intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate actively in professional organizations through attendance at conferences, clinics, and conventions as authorized by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation or designee in order to maintain awareness and understanding of current developments within all areas of responsibility.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation, Senior Associate Athletic Director, or other designee.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Catholic University
Sports & Entertainment