Head Grounds Keeper
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute all field and bullpen operations including, but not limited to, turf management, fertilization, edging, base area, home plate and mound preparation, warning track maintenance, and infield surface maintenance.
- Prepare the field in a high quality and efficient manner in order to effectively facilitate the daily practice, pre-game and in-game schedule.
- Oversee all tarp usage and post-game field and turf maintenance as necessary and monitor weather conditions to protect the field as needed.
- Operate and maintain all grounds equipment in order to extend its useful life while minimizing repair and replacement costs.
- Prepare and perform off-season field maintenance and establish stadium program.
- Assist the Operations Manager and General Manager with various operational duties related to the upkeep of ballpark on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or General Manager.
- Ideal candidate will have an Associates or bachelor’s degree in Field/Turf Management or a related field and previous experience maintaining a baseball field or similar sports venue field.
- Have the ability to operate athletic field / grounds management related equipment.
- Ability to work flexible and/or unscheduled hours.
- Experience managing staff is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Physical requirement (lifting 50 pounds many times per day, standing, squatting, and bending for long periods)
- Pesticide application licenses a plus.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Independent League Baseball Team
Private College (NY)