Part Time Lighting Coordinator
This position is responsible for operating and reporting on the operating condition of many aspects of Amalie Arena’s Lighting System and peripheral equipment primarily for the proper execution and production of NHL Team hockey games, as well as other team functions and occasional Arena events.
The scope of operational equipment includes:
- Ephesus LED house lighting system
- Spotlights (direction/cueing per script)
- Movers (four Martin Vipers and seven Mac 3 Profile lights)
- Pipe organ lights
- Player tunnel lights
- CO2 (dmx addressed and controlled)
- Road Hog Full Boar lighting console
- ETC Console EOS GIO lighting console
- Directly operate, address, maintain lighting system equipment listed above.
- Train secondary and tertiary operators on consoles and spotlights.
- Work occasionally with the Events Department to program lighting designs.
- Responsible for artistic integrity and data base of arena gobo glass discs
- Attend production meetings and technical rehearsals, and other team meetings as required.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Desired Experience/Skill Sets:
- Must possess technical and operational knowledge of lighting systems. Work experience and/or special equipment training within the Live Event production as it relates to serving as a main board operator, lighting director, etc. Should be able to write reports, respond to email, and create documents that may relate to maintenance reporting.
- 2-5 years of experience in performance theatre lighting and supervision.
- Light board programming skills and DMX Control Universe exeperience
- Ability to operate and service most theatrical lighting equipment (Chauvet, Elation, Martin, Robe, Clay Paky, Vari*Lite, etc.)
- Knowledge of safe practices regarding fundamental theatrical lighting, electrical system, chain motors and rigging principals.
- Should be able to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Should possess good vision – colors, peripheral, focus, close & distance
- Should feel comfortable working in dim light settings and/or loud show environments
- Should feel comfortable with the risks inherent working with electronics
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,069 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime