- Collaborate with corporate partnerships department in the drafting and negotiation of sponsorship agreements.
- Liaise with the events teams to draft and negotiate venue license agreements, sponsorship agreements, vendor agreements, waivers and other legal documents for non-baseball events.
- Provide legal expertise in connection with MLB rule compliance, sweepstakes and other digital and offline promotional and marketing campaigns.
- Support other business needs, large-scale special projects and compliance related activities, as needed.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school; admitted to practice before a state bar association.
- 3+ years of experience at a law firm or 3-5 years of experience in-house. Experience in the sports or entertainment industry a plus. (Would consider less than 3 years’ experience for extraordinary candidates.)
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively within a fast-paced, high performance environment, providing legal advice and guidance related to a wide range of commercial contracts, advertising and sponsorship agreements, events and other business matters.
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to identify and articulate issues, offer solutions and follow-through to resolution.
- Strong capacity to manage own performance independently and effectively, exhibiting excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; as well as analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 760 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Baseball