Golf Course Superintendent
The responsibilities include but are not limited to: Turf/Horticulture maintenance programs, improvement projects, course set up, personnel management, financial planning/management, member relations, scheduling irrigation times/responsible for irrigation maintenance, pesticide applications/recording, and keeping strong relationships with other involved departments on campus.
- Associates degree in Turfgrass Management, Agronomy, or related field preferred. Pesticide Applicators License required - or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members, and public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing, and applications of agronomic applications.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules, regulations, and method of play.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and all members of the general public.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 714 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Liberal Arts College (VT)