Assistant Coach of Golf
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
In conjunction with the Head Coach, plans and executes a successful program that would include duties such as: conducting regular team practice sessions; coaching the student-athletes; evaluating the student-athletes performance in practice and competition; monitoring the conditioning and training of student-athletes, advises and counsels student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance. Work with Head Coach in the coordination of team academics. In the absence of the Head Coach, represents the program during practices and games.
Arranges to recruit functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations, and contacts, and documents all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engages in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down the film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
1. Bachelor's degree is required.
2. Prior coaching experience or a minimum of 2 years working in a campus or athletic environment or as a collegiate athlete is preferred.
3. Have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
4. Possesses an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to travel.
5. Able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 529 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime