Assistant Coach of Football - Offensive Coordinator
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Coach of Football - Offensive Coordinator under general direction, is responsible to assist with the management of a competitive NCAA Division II athletic program; assists with conditioning, practices, recruiting, travel arrangements, and student managers.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the State of Texas.
2. In conjunction with the Head Coach, plans and executes a successful program that would include duties such as: conducting regular team practice sessions; coaching the student-athletes; evaluating the student-athletes performance in practice and competition; monitoring the conditioning and training of student-athletes, advises and counsels student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance. Work with Head Coach in the coordination of team academics. In the absence of the Head Coach, represents the program during practices and games.
3. Arranges to recruit functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations, and contacts, and documents all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engages in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down the film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
4. Schedules and supervise individual student-athlete workouts.
5. Participates in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio, and television media. Coordinates and implements approved fundraising activities.
6. Ensures that necessary athletic equipment is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and makes recommendations for repairs or replacement, as necessary.
7. Participates in clinics, exhibitions, and camps, as approved. Attends coaches' preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
8. Performs administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budget preparation and monitoring, and maintaining statistics. May be required to drive athletes to/from events in a 12-person van. Must provide a written detailed account annually for all athletically related income and benefits earned from sources outside the institution, per NCAA bylaws.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 529 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime