Network Support Technician (Part-Time)
- Handles physical tasks involving placement and setup of systems and network equipment.
- Makes custom-length CAT6a network cables in-the-field using, RJ45 connectors, crimping tools and cable testers.
- Coordinates with members on internal IT teams to activate fiber optic / ethernet jacks on required VLAN’s through patch panels and respective network switches.
- Troubleshoots computer systems, IP phones and IPTV issues; maintains record of activated wall jacks, network switch ports.
- Extends CAT6a Ethernet cable and secure with gaffer tape according to specific venue requirements/floor plan instructions as directed.
- Follows detailed instructions and work independently as necessary; meets all setup timelines/deadlines.
- Coordinate large desktop moves/deployments, application upgrades and new office setups.
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone and in person Participate with the day to day Help Desk activities.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred in Information Technology or Computer Science)
- A minimum 2 - 4 years of related work experience
- Experience supporting TCP/IP data networks and network infrastructure.
- Experience supporting Windows 7/10 and Mac OS.
- Experience in a customer service environment. Event experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of good customer support practice and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all clients.
- Punctual and professionally attired in accordance with event schedule or directives.
- Good network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. in the course of equipment move and setup.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
- A+/ Network + andor CCNA certification is a plus.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 714 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Mixed Martial Arts
Ice Hockey Team