Manager, Digital Experiences
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Digital Experiences
DEPARTMENT: Marketing/Digital Media
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Digital Experiences & Strategy
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time
Penske Entertainment Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomfield Hills, MI-based Penske Corporation and is comprised of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, INDYCAR, and IMS Productions.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. INDYCAR offers its lineup of drivers the most diverse challenges in motorsports, featuring racing at a combination of superspeedways, short ovals, road courses and street circuits. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest to stage the world's great motor racing events.
Employees of Penske Entertainment Corp. are challenged daily to excel in an environment where the pace matches the speed of the machines that race at our famous facility and in our series. Working for us is a demanding, yet rewarding, endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and our premier open-wheel racing series.
The Manager, Digital Experiences is responsible for the management, development, and maintenance of the Penske Entertainment digital platforms and experiences (e.g., the INDYCAR and IMS Apps, INDYCAR.com, IMS.com and IndyLights.com, INDYCAR and IMS email marketing). This role will be focused on delivering cross-platform engagement through the coordination, development, and implementation of best-in-class user experiences, user interfaces, and content across the digital ecosystem. The Manager, Digital Experiences will leverage analytics and insights to inform the layout and design of corresponding digital experiences while maintaining best practices in an ever-changing digital landscape and in support of the established brand and business objectives. They will be passionate about the fan/customer journey, a team player, and a collaborator that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Translate and execute the digital strategy and roadmap through UX, UI, content, and data collection projects
- Maintain creative and content architecture for digital experiences through defined digital design standards and management of the supporting CMS
- Lead coordination and execution of content personalization and A/B testing efforts across digital experiences
- Manage the development workflow of the backend development team and any third party
- Own Google Analytics implementation, ensuring proper UTM taxonomy, attribution, tracking, and reporting
- Provides thought leadership on strategic innovation that improves the fan/customer experience and offers new capabilities to drive results
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop effective and innovative solutions
- Able to travel to INDYCAR Series races, meetings and events as defined by Sr. Manager, Digital Experiences & Strategy and other departments
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and the Vision, Mission and Values
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience in web content development, preferably within the sports/entertainment industry
- Knowledge of various CMS, CRM and data analytics platforms. Familiarity with Sitecore, Ceros, Marketo, Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager and Google Tag Manager is preferred
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to create, crop, resize and perform adjustments on images and graphics. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Proficient understanding of responsive design
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Familiar with email marketing strategies and best practices
- The person who is selected for this position should be proactive, efficient, flexible, resilient, organized and a team player
- Stays updated on best practices spanning design, UX/UI, technologies, and web strategy
- The chosen individual must maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality. They must be enthusiastic and committed to the company, the Vision, Mission and Values. Ability to work in high-paced environment and on short deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- This job may require travel to INDYCAR events. There will be weekend and holiday work when race events are held.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands consist primarily of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Occasional work outdoors requires physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat, cold, rain and other conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mainly performed in an indoor environment and near others.
- The employee is faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include: Medical (including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account), Dental, Vision, 401(k) with 100% company match up to 5%, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave, On-site Workout Facility, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,497 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Organization (IN)
American Football Team
Private University (IN)
American Football Team