Digital Content Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Digital Content Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Marketing/Digital Media
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Digital Experiences & Strategy
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time
Penske Entertainment Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomfield Hills, MI-based Penske Corporation and is comprised of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, INDYCAR, and IMS Productions.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. INDYCAR offers its lineup of drivers the most diverse challenges in motorsports, featuring racing at a combination of superspeedways, short ovals, road courses and street circuits. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest to stage the world's great motor racing events.
Employees of Penske Entertainment Corp. are challenged daily to excel in an environment where the pace matches the speed of the machines that race at our famous facility and in our series. Working for us is a demanding, yet rewarding, endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and our premier open-wheel racing series.
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of content across the Penske Entertainment digital platforms and experiences (e.g., the INDYCAR and IMS Apps, INDYCAR.com, IMS.com and IndyLights.com, INDYCAR and IMS email marketing). This role will support business and brand objectives through the coordination, creation, and publication of digital assets/content across the digital ecosystem. The Digital Content Specialist will plan and implement a robust, defined content calendar while continually auditing digital platforms to ensure content accuracy. They will be passionate about content development and the role it plays in the fan/customer journey; a team player, a collaborator, and someone that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, and implement content updates across Penske Entertainment digital platforms and experiences
- Responsible for search engine optimization (SEO) across web properties
- Continually audit Penske Entertainment digital platforms to ensure content accuracy, consistent style and branding, and adherence to current best practices
- Publish photo galleries and video features on Penske Entertainment digital platforms
- Coordinate and traffic ads/creative/content with internal team to support partnerships
- Assist in the growth of the CRM database by creating and promoting portals for fan data input
- Provide content and digital assets to external partners for marketing promotions
- Assist in tracking analytics to understand content performance and fan/customer interaction to identify opportunities and potential optimizations
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop effective and innovative solutions
- Able to travel to INDYCAR Series races, meetings and events as defined by Sr. Manager, Digital Experiences & Strategy and other departments
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and the Vision, Mission and Values
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college preferred
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in digital content coordination and development, preferably within the sports/entertainment industry
- Knowledge of various CMS, CRM and data analytics platforms. Familiarity with Sitecore, Ceros, Marketo, Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager and Google Tag Manager is preferred, proficient in SEO and best practices
- Experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – image authoring and video editing preferred.
- Knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 is preferred
- Proficient understanding of responsive design
- Familiar with email marketing strategies and best practices
- Experience in managing live stream executions
- Stays updated on best practices spanning design, UX/UI, technologies, and web strategy
- The person who is selected for this position should be proactive, efficient, flexible, resilient, organized and a team player
- The chosen individual must maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality. They must be enthusiastic and committed to the company, the Vision, Mission and Values. Ability to work in high-paced environment and on short deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- This job may require travel to INDYCAR events. There will be weekend and holiday work when race events are held.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands consist primarily of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Occasional work outdoors requires physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat, cold, rain and other conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mainly performed in an indoor environment and near others.
- The employee is faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, due to professional racing events.
Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include: Medical (including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account), Dental, Vision, 401(k) with 100% company match up to 5%, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave, On-site Workout Facility, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 541 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports and Entertainment
Minor League Baseball Team
Sports & Entertainment
Minor League Baseball Team