Part-Time Mascot Assistant (SEASONAL)
Reporting directly to the Mascot Coordinator, the Part-Time Mascot Assistant will be responsible for assisting the mascot during community appearances and games. This entails providing support to the mascot at events such as fairs/festivals, charity events, birthday parties, holiday flower deliveries, etc. Assistant will also aid with mascot social media accounts and will provide occasional office support to the Marketing department.
- Responsible for being the handler for the mascot at events and games, and address questions and inquiries from fans
- Work to increase the social media followership for the mascot by specifically creating content (photos and video) pertaining to mascot and mascot sponsor.
- Help maintain mascot costumes, equipment and organization of mascot room. (Clean costumes, stock promotional items, and organize mascot room)
- Drive mascot to deliveries/appearances as necessary
- Assist with the creation and development of new mascot appearance packages.
- Support the Marketing Department in carrying out duties at Lightning home games when needed (Kids Club Table, Student Rush, etc.).
- Motivated and positive, high-energy attitude
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments
- Detail oriented w/ excellent organizational skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to generate trust and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and punctuality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Must have flexible schedule and be willing and able to work a majority of mascot appearances and Lightning home games, as well as some office hours
- Must be available for nights, weekends and selected holidays
- Ability to lift and carry up to 34.5 lbs. with or without accommodation
The duties of this position are performed indoors and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: