Sr. IT Systems Engineer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453377671
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field highly preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years' experience supporting core infrastructure and virtualization platforms in the enterprise.
- MCSE/MCITP certifications preferred.
- Expert knowledge of server clustering, cloud technologies and core infrastructure hardware.
- Expert knowledge of WinTel platforms, SQL, IIS, enterprise printing and faxing.
- Expert knowledge of Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business and other collaboration suites.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, SCOM and antivirus applications.
- Experience in building large, scalable and highly available mission critical infrastructures.
- Firm foundation and experience with Network Architecture, Design and Troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with Routing, WAN and multicast highly desirable (Cisco experience highly desirable)
- Prior experience in design and operations of Information Technology in a Pro Sports venue or other large public venue is highly desireable.
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery and backup technologies.
- Broad knowledge and experience with systems is essential as a foundation for quickly reaching proficiency on a wide range of technologies and products (Technical Breadth)
- Excellent soft-skills and analytical skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as thrive in a team environment.
- Build and test system platforms to document integration compatibility with organizations infrastructure.
- Participate in Proof of Concept deployments which may benefit the organization.
- Ensure Service Delivery for all applications and their supporting system components.
- Document, maintain and verify stability of production systems.
- Foster and engage in knowledge transfer to all levels within the IT organizations.
- Recognize variance from a deployed specification to maintain configuration management.
- Monitor all system performance and identify bottlenecks.
- Ensure system security by monitoring alerts and staying current with security bulletins.
- Make sure system backups are functioning properly and test per policy.
- New systems delivery must be done on-time and per specifications.
- Ensure that ticket queues are handled in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot complex network, storage and compute issues
- Provide a solution, root cause analysis and preventative measures for system issues.
- Author automation scripts for repetitive tasks.
- Participate in network, storage and compute patch management.
- Mentor teammates to increase the knowledge pool and foster technology adoption.
- This role frequently requires extended hours, weekends, duty rotation and game duty support.
- Must have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- WORK CONDITIONS: As assigned, including weekends, evenings and holidays; exempt position
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: