- The Company is looking for a detail-driven individual to join its team as a Senior Accountant.
- The position holds responsibility for accounting and administrative duties related to revenue recognition, leasing accounting, league revenues/expenses, and financing reporting assistance. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling general ledger activity with sub-ledger, and budgeting information.
- This position works directly with all departments and is a key contributor in keeping financial processes running smoothly.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close activities that include (but is not limited to) analysis and reporting, complex journal entries and account reconciliations related to sponsorship and league revenues, as well as player related and team expenses.
- Process Accounts Payable (low volume)
- Assistant with the transition to ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Work in partnership with sales colleagues to identify accounting considerations within complex multiple-element contracts
- Revenue and balance sheet analytics to ensure accuracy of results while working closely with internal teams to validate and investigate issues.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Assist with the preparation of monthly internal and external reporting packages
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Assist in preparing for annual and league audits, including the resolution of audit issues and providing information, as necessary
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP and internal control policies and procedures; recommend updates as appropriate.
- Helps drive, create, and implement new processes and strives to identify and implement accounting process improvements.
- Carry out special projects and ad-hoc requests, as required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and Revenue Recognition criteria
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- 4 + years of relevant accounting experience in a professional work environment, preferably including revenue recognition and full charge general ledger experience
- Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast-paced environment
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, plus drive and willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains, a plus
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,836 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports and Entertainment
Sports and Entertainment
Sports Marketing Company