Assistant Coach/Instructor, Women's Rowing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, coach, mentor and inspire student athletes up through graduation.
- Serve as the primary assistant to the Head Coach in all matters of recruiting.
- The Assistant Coach will be the primary coach for the novice rowers, teaching the basics of the sport and responsible for developing talent capable of contributing to a Division I program.
- Attend all competitions and practices unless directed to other tasks by the head coach and teach student-athletes proper skills and skill development in their sport.
- Work with the Head Coach and sport administrator to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines, and assist with all other administrative duties of the program including alumni relations, scheduling, special events planning, regatta planning, recruiting and team travel, etc.
- Develop and implement a social media marketing plan to assist with the promotion of the Women's Rowing program.
- Assist the Head Coach in the overall development and execution of the Women's Rowing program, including, but not limited to, the academic and athletic development of student-athletes, engagement with alumni, and fundraising efforts.
- Assist the Head Coach in the development of safe and productive practices and races, including team building exercises, health and nutrition, alternative training methods, and event management.
- The person who holds this position has been classified as a Campus Security Authority under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Assume the duties of the Head Coach in his or her absence.
- Oversee graduate assistants and student managers as assigned.
- Assist with the development of off-season conditioning programs for the team.
- Determine individual and team strengths and develop strategies to maximize performance.
- Scout opponents and develop scouting reports.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Head Coach in holding student-athletes accountable for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of coaching at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Strong administrative skills including the ability to prioritize organize and budget.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Valid driver's license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the University.
- Master's degree.
- 3-5 years of coaching experience at the collegiate level.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,357 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Field Lacrosse Team
Private Jesuit University