Director of Sponsorship and Ticket Sales
Essential Duties and responsibilities of this job classification:
- Responsible for excellence in performance and profitability of all sales efforts.
- Guides and directs ticket sales and sponsorship teams
- Actively sells corporate partnerships, group tickets and ticket packages.
- Collaborates with General Manager to implement strategies that achieve revenue and expense goals.
- Oversee the ticket operation, including the ticket office and ticket sales activities.
- Create and implement new ticket sales initiatives for individual ticket, group and ticket plan sales.
- Works with General Manager to develop game-by-game and annual attendance forecasts using historical data and known variables.
- Monitors and gauges client satisfaction by providing outstanding fulfillment and follow-through with customers and vendors to ensure their investments with the club meet their expectations.
- Responsible to review trade accounts.
- Develop and maintain excellent external relationships, serving as the primary point of contact for select key vendors while always seeking maximum positive publicity for the team.
- Oversees all sales and promotional material creation, including letters, fliers and follow-up correspondence.
- Oversees the production of all proof-of-performance materials, including: photos of signage and other elements, print samples, etc.
- Establish and manage sales/fulfillment structure, as well as motivational/incentive programs for team.
- Monitors cost/performance factors while influencing cost reduction and value improvement changes to enhance ability to meet cost objectives and other goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of developing and managing departmental budget.
- Entertain clients, prospective clients and community leaders and management at the ballpark and other venues.
- Effectively represent the team by attending meetings, trade shows, community networking, liaison activities, community events, conferences, league meetings, and seminars when needed.
- Partners with HR and responsible for all performance management/talent management of team.
- Partners with HR to drive performance, talent succession planning and development of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, public relations or another related field required.
Certifications or special training needed:
- Sales training preferredType of prior related experience:
- 3 years of demonstrated sales experience required
- 3 years of sales management experience required
- Experience in baseball, event venue or sports industry preferred.
- Ticketing and corporate partnership sales preferred.
- Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute a strategic plan aimed at delivering sales growth in accordance with the organization’s financial goals
- Proven success in leading a sales team
- Project a positive image to internal (employees) and external (fans) customers, communicate effectively and professionally at all times, public speaking experience and comfort with, strong leadership skills, visionary thinker, ability to turn ideas into reality, ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, clean and neat at all times, team builder and team worker.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Presentation skills, ability to simplify complex problems and develop creative solutions.
- Project management and time management skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Due to nature of industry, game day and facility events activity is required resulting in night or weekend hours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Major League Soccer
Central Sports Arena
Central Sports Sales Company