- The Athletic Trainer is responsible for supporting the Director of Sport Medicine by providing services to student athletes and educational opportunities to Athletic training students.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the daily operations of the athletic training room.
- Cares for athletic injuries.
- Works closely with team physicians to develop and implement a rehabilitation program for injured student athletes.
- Determines return to play criteria for each injured student athlete under their care.
- Works with team physicians and medical staff in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for the sick or physically injured student athlete.
- Assists with administrative duties by processing and filing insurance claims, maintaining medical records, inventorying and ordering medical supplies as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of athletic training experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1 year college or professional experience in athletic training.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Certified Athletic Trainer, N.A.T.A. BOC.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Licensed Athletic Trainer - Texas State Statue 313.1 and/or eligible under certification by BOC.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the care, prevention and rehabilitation of athletic injuries (proven).
- Skill in basic office and computer applications and programs.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and outdoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment Premium Subscription - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Central Region Soccer Team