Manager, Development Accounting
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively manage all aspects of financial accounting matters. Contribute to and maintain financial policies and procedures relating to accounting actions.
- Perform timely and accurate monthly closings for the through the efficient processing of invoices and posting of all monthly journal entries. Review all cash receipts processed in Salesforce database, to ensure accurate reports are produced for Accounts Receivable processing.
- Execute monthly closing responsibilities including preparation of standard and ad hoc accruals, completion of journal entries, and review of assigned Divisions’ financial statements prior to issuance.
- Assist with the annual planning and preparation of the and operating budgets and forecasts, collaborating with Director, Finance & Analysis as needed. Identify, analyze, and implement necessary systems to improve the organization’s ability to budget and forecast.
- Act as finance liaison to assigned divisions in tracking and reconciling their budgets throughout the year.
- Assist Director, Finance & Analysis with reporting and tracking contribution revenue and gift agreements. Review agreements to ensure they are compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist Development in partnering with Sport Performance division to understand, identify, and accurately account for Team USA high performance initiatives and sport resource allocations
- Coordinate with management and the Director of Accounting on the annual external audit and the Foundation’s portion of the financial statements. Compile the financial information and assist outside Tax Accountants with preparation of IRS Forms 990 and other state tax filings, as required.
- As necessary, research application of current accounting principles, IRS regulations, state regulations, and other applicable guidelines to ensure proper compliance with all pertinent regulations. Communicate potential effects of major statutory, regulatory or procedural changes to gift officers and leaders. This research is necessary as potential new Development programs or unusual donor agreements are considered.
- Assist in the implementation of any finance related software upgrade or conversions.
- Provide standard and ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting or
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities for preparation of spreadsheets for financial analysis and presentations
- Quality oral interpersonal skills with a strong customer-service focus
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, policies, and processes (GAAP)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with ERP systems and Salesforce a plus
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.