Manager of Learning & Development
Duties & Responsibilities
Learning & Development - 75%
- Determine learning and development strategy to ensure the required competencies and skills are deployed in the organization to accomplish business objectives.
- Selects training tools or training delivery mechanisms, based on the material being taught and the audience being targeted.
- Manage the training and development budget, allocating spend between courses and programs as appropriate. This includes administration of contracts and invoices.
- Maintain all elements related to Learning Management System (LMS) functionality, including but not limited to, content integrations and creation, curriculum programs, LMS structure, and reporting.
- Complete the instructional design process and create customized training courses to build specific competencies.
- Prepare multimedia training materials and deliver training in multiple formats including traditional, in-person classroom and web-based, distance learning. Materials also must be convertible to increase accessibility for sight, hearing, or physical disabilities.
- Perform specific internal team interventions as needed through facilitating in areas such as conflict resolution, team building, and/or skills training.
Career Development - 10%
- In collaboration with Manager, Performance Development & Engagement, consult with people managers on talent development matters and creation of development plans for team members.
- Develop and monitor metrics for evaluating career development training effectiveness in regard to employee engagement and retention.
- Perform additional administrative duties and other projects as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Specific degrees in Business, Organizational Management, or Human Resource Management preferred
Licensure & Certification:
- Preferred Certifications: Instructional Design, Adult Learning Methods, SHRM or ATD designations.
- 5 years of experience in deploying training and talent development strategies for adult professionals
- 3-5 years of experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Experience with mentoring others, coaching team members, and leading project teams
- Proven ability to facilitate training in multiple formats, class sizes, and ability classifications
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Experience in multiple presentation software and formats preferred
- Desired business competencies such as global mindset, team building, coaching, data analysis, digital/social media for commercial use, innovation, customer focus, organizational agility, or network management
- Strong communicator with excellent listening skills and who employs conscientious self-disclosure, establishes rapport with ease, and is able to influence others
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.