Mgr., Athlete Safety Program
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include identifying opportunities for enhancement, trends, best practices, and innovative ideas. Specific initiatives include the Athlete Safety Shared Services program and the NGB Services Best Practices – Athlete Safety Forum.
- Lead the Office of Athlete Safety on developing a communications and messaging plan. Collaborate with Athlete Engagement & Outreach team to better understand the needs of athletes and with Digital/Communications teams to leverage social media and other existing communication vehicles.
- Serve as the technology liaison and lead for the Athlete Safety department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Further the effectiveness of the Athlete Safety’s case management system by (a) identifying opportunities to automate workflows, (b) facilitating efficient API integrations, and (c) creating reports and a sustainable reporting process that analyzes noteworthy trends and tracks critical information.
- Lead the exploration of additional opportunities to leverage technology for the benefit of Athlete Safety and Team USA athletes.
- Enhance ability to track membership and compliance requirements through the implementation of a centralized ‘membership’ database. Work with identified vendor to establish system requirements and maximize automation.
- Develop and maintain a system to track projects, deliverables, and deadlines for the department. Develop success metrics and other critical data points for the Office of Athlete Safety, monitor progress, and provide analysis of progress against stated metrics in a comprehensive and compelling manner.
- Coordinate the (a) internal preparation for, (b) logistics of, and (c) follow up as needed for the annual U.S. Center for SafeSport audit. This includes, but is not limited to: staying abreast of compliance requirements, ensuring appropriate documentation is retained as required throughout each calendar year, coordinating and communicating requirements to all internal stakeholders, drafting the management response, and monitoring the completion of any necessary corrective actions.
- Prepare executive-level reports, presentations, white papers, and other documents as requested by the Vice President, Athlete Safety.
- Lead projects and initiatives identified by the department and/or assigned by the Vice President. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated success in project/program management
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to listen, ask the right questions, focus on stakeholders, adapt to situational needs, and exercise good judgement
- Strong problem solving ability
- Proven ability to work with a diverse population across multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent judgement in managing highly sensitive and confidential information
- Creative thinker with the ability to address complex issues with an open mind; identifying/evaluating differing perspectives and assessing alternate outcomes
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present data in a visually compelling manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit; initiating conversations and ideas forwarding rapid enhancement of department initiative
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,274 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (AZ)