ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Events Intern position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Assist the event lead for certain events, to work directly with the client (pre-determined by employer) and delegate all client needs to the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Assist the Operations Manager to supervise and coordinate operational and logistical elements for street parties that are held the day of the event.
- Grassroots marketing including social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) implementation for various events as needed.
- Game Management liaison for major sporting events. Assist with team bands, travel arrangements, equipment, practice, and game logistics.
- Assemble décor RFPs for major events and negotiate pricing to determine the best candidate for bid.
- Signage – Ensure that all necessary signage is created and displayed for all major events to accommodate guests.
- Represent and promote Quick Lane Bowl at all major events
- Promote and activate the Quick Lane Bowl trophy and tickets during NFL Team games
- Assist in stocking 50/50 Game on Cancer raffle kiosks throughout the stadium prior to each game
- Monitor inventory on all 50/50 Game on Cancer raffle materials
- Make sure all 50/50 raffle equipment is charged and ready to go for the next event
- Create social media calendars and execute on all social channels while setting benchmarks to increase number of likes and followers
- Create, manage and update content on Quicklanebowl.com
- Organize and inventory all Quick Lane Bowl merchandise
- Game Management: Coordinate School bands practice, team equipment, game officials, gift distribution, signage
- Take lead on one or more travel party/ancillary events: Build A Bear/DIA/Science Center/Fowling
- Work with the DMCVB to secure and sign up volunteers for week-of events
- Secure and coordinate team late-night snacks including trade value, logistics and delivery to hotels
- Coordinate team snack bags: secure quantities and payment of snack items
- Encourage, promote and handle post-event merchandise sales
- Ensure that the Ford Field Event website is updated with all necessary event information: ticket information, parking/traffic information, entrances, etc.
- Analyze post event feedback from each event and determine which operational items can be performed more efficiently in the future.
- Assist with daily general office duties and operational needs of the Events department, including making copies, filing, creation and hanging event signage, front office coverage and phone/email correspondence
- Answer main telephone and transfer calls at the reception desk when asked to do so
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Event Management or related field preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, including Outlook, Internet Explorer and Adobe Illustrator)
- Prior event management experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,274 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment
American Pro Baseball