Athletic Instructor Associate, NCAA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation for all physically active individuals, including thee State University athletes and others as referred by a team physician, men and women.
- Attend assigned team(s) practice sessions and contests, home and away.
- Travel with sports teams as directed.
- Drug testing of athletes.
- Attend home contests for all sponsored sports and away contests as assigned, to include nights, holidays and weekends.
- Responsible for Automated External Defibrillator(s) Registration / Regular Maintenance.
- Follow directions and supervision.
- Follow guidelines as established by the Head Athletic Trainer for athletic training, practice set-up, and game set-up.
- Assist with daily coverage of athletic training facility.
- Supervise and follow established rules of the Tennessee Board of Regents, NCAA, University, Athletics Department and Athletic Training Department.
- Must possess a complete knowledge of and be in compliance with all NCAA and OVC rules related to this position.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of human anatomy, treating injuries with the modalities available and rehabilitation techniques to be used after an injury is sustained by the athlete.
- Competency in handling supplies.
- Ability to function within the existing inventory and budget.
- Ability to keep current and complete records/notes on individuals seen while performing duties of the job.
- Ability to keep information concerning athletes confidential to all individuals other than those authorized to know such information as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to respond to supervision and abide by and follow established rules of the Tennessee Board of Regents, NCAA, University, Athletics Department, and Athletic Training Department.
- Must be certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association and must maintain certificate during the course of employment.
- Must be licensed by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners within the first six months of employment and must maintain certificate during the course of employment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- NATABOC certification and eligibility for a Tennessee Athletic Trainer's License.
- Tennessee license must be obtained within the first six (6) months of employment.
- A background check and official transcript will be required for the successful candidate.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,974 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Christian College