Interim Assistant Athletic Trainer
Under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer, the Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for providing direct athletic training services to the student-athletes and assistance for the athletic health administration for the College's intercollegiate athletic training program.
In accordance with the MA state Rules and Regulations Governing the practice of Athletic Training (259 CMR 4.00: Athletic Trainers) and the NATA Code of Ethics and BOC Standards of Professional Practice:
- Under the direction of the team physician and head athletic trainer, provide the medical services for injuries and illnesses incidental to student-athletes participation in intercollegiate athletics including but not limited to return to play decision-making;
- Prevention, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries or illnesses including but not limited to concussion management;
- Provides game and practice coverage including days, nights, weekend, holiday and travel coverage;
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and documentation;
- Collaborate with physicians and other allied health professionals to deliver appropriate care and referrals to student-athletes;
- Provide counseling, education and testing to student-athletes, coaches and parents regarding athletic injuries and illnesses;
- Process insurance claims;
- Recognize injuries and illnesses needing further medical attention and referring to appropriate providers;
- Assist with the daily operations and maintenance of the athletic training facilities;
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with administrative duties as assigned;
- Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies;
- Maintain certifications and licensure as required by the NATABOC and state of MA;
- Engage in professional development and continuing education to maintain certification standards.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Assist with the supervision and education of student employees;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 534 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Summer Camp (NY)
Summer Camp (New York )